Search engine optimization (SEO) is the action of improving our site to increase its visibility online. It makes changes to our website design and content to make our site more enticing to search engines. As a result, our site will be quite likely to rank on the first page of the search for keywords related to products. There are so many benefits to using SEO audit. The main benefit of ranking for a particular keyword is that we can get “free” traffic to our website progressively.
Let’s dive into the benefits of SEO and its significance.
Significance of SEO
- Best for building trust and credibility – Let’s assume you are visiting any website for finding a piece of information about some product. Now that website is giving completely wrong information or detail. Will you visit that website again in future? No, right. This is the motive of SEO which can help you convey the right news or information and build trust and credibility so your users will not leave you after the first visit.
- Provides Insights – SEO also provides insights to you to check all the visitors’ details like when they have visited your website, what region they are from and many more things.
- Useful for improving user experience – Your user needs to be on the site for a long time. If they cannot find the right information or useful content, they will not stay on your website. That’s why SEO is necessary because it can work according to user’s demand and requirements. This will improve your site’s user experience, and they will visit your site again and again for more useful information.
How do search engines work?
Search engines work through three subroutines
- Crawling- Crawling is the process in which search engines send out a team of spiders or crawlers in quest of new and updated content. Content can be anything – it could be a document, webpage, an image, etc.
- Indexing – Indexing is how they store and sort out the content found during the crawling process.
- Ranking – ranking provides the content relevant to the searcher’s quest, which means it is the most relevant to least relevant.
Stages of search engine optimization process
Search engine optimization is a dynamic process. It is a framework with procedures. There are three stages of SEO:
- Technical SEO – Technical SEO can ensure that search engines can crawl and index your site without any problems
- On-site SEO –To make the site search engine friendly, it provides rules to improvise the content
- Off-site SEO provides ways to promote a blog or site to improvise its rank higher in search results.
Significance of SEO
Mostly 60 % of all traffic on the web initiates with a google search. And if we add traffic from other popular search engines, it makes 70.6 %of all traffic.
In today’s competitive market, SEO marketing is a crowd puller. It is more significant than ever. Seo can help us get targeted traffic and improves the usability of the website
Benefits of using SEO
- Seo is one of the best ways to engage in digital marketing. Seo helps target a particular demographic and bring in traffic to our site
- Seo is customer-centric
- It improves our site user’s experience
- It increases brand visibility and builds credibility
- It improves stats of our website
Marketing people have the most amazing service offering, but it is of no use if clients do not know about you or explore you online. We can start improving our sites with SEO by following basic measures. If our business is expanding quickly, we may seek professional help.